MDVita EHR Costs and Limitations
MDVita version 20.0 is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC-ATCB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Certification ID 140372R00 received on 12/29/2014. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
MDVita developer: Health Care 2000, Inc.
MDVita ver. 20.0 was certified in the following criteria:
170.314(a)(1) Computerized Provider Order Entry
170.314(a)(2) Drug-Drug, Drug-Allergy Interaction Checks
170.314(a)(4) Vital Signs, Body Mass Index, And Growth Charts
170.314(a)(5) Problem List
170.314(a)(6) Medication List
170.314(a)(7) Medication Allergy List
170.314(a)(8) Clinical Decision Support
170.314(a)(9) Electronic Notes
170.314(a)(11) Smoking Status
170.314(a)(12) Image Results
170.314(a)(13) Family Health History
170.314(a)(14) Patient List Creation
170.314(a)(15) Patient-Specific Education Resources
170.314(b)(1) Transitions Of Care - Receive, Display, And Incorporate
Transition Of Care/Referral Summaries
170.314(b)(2) Transitions Of Care - Create And Transmit Transition Of
170.314(b)(4) Clinical Information Reconciliation
170.314(b)(5) Incorporate Laboratory Tests And Values/Results
170.314(b)(7) Data Portability
170.314(c)(1) Clinical Quality Measures - Capture And Export
170.314(c)(2) Clinical Quality Measures - Import And Calculate
170.314(c)(3) Clinical Quality Measures - Electronic Submission
170.314(d)(1) Authentication, Access Control, And Authorization
170.314(d)(2) Auditable Events And Tamper-Resistance
170.314(d)(3) Audit Report(S)
170.314(d)(5) Automatic Log-Off
170.314(d)(6) Emergency Access
170.314(d)(7) End-User Device Encryption
170.314(e)(2) Clinical Summary
170.314(e)(3) Secure Messaging
170.314(f)(1) Immunization Information
170.314(f)(2) Transmission To Immunization Registries
170.314(f)(3) Transmission To Public Health Agencies - Syndromic Surveillance
170.314(g)(2) Automated Measure Calculation
170.314(g)(3) Safety-Enhanced Design
170.314(g)(4) Quality Management System
The additional software MDVita relied upon to demonstrate compliance, includes: Medi-Span, EMR Direct phiMail Server, MedlinePlus, PopHealth, Meinberg NTP.
The additional types of costs that an eligible provider would pay to implement MDVita ver. 20.0 in order to attempt to meet meaningful use objectives and measures include:
· Implementation & Hosting Costs for:
o Cloud-based solution: MDVita offers a Cloud-based solution that includes hosting and implementation fees for a monthly fee; cost is per provider and/or provider location.
o Cloud-based solution (RCM model): MDVita offers a Cloud-based solution that includes hosting and implementation fees for a monthly fee. This fee is a percentage of the total collected revenue and there could be an additional monthly fee per FTE (Full Time Equivalent) depending on collected revenue volume.
o License-based solution: MDVita offers a license-based solution for a one-time software license fee per provider with additional fees for implementation. Additionally, there is a supplemental monthly support & maintenance cost; cost is per FTE. For license-based solution, hosting can be the responsibility of the customer or MDVita for a monthly fee per FTE.
On top of the implementation & possible hosting costs, this certified product-version could require additional costs for:
· A third-party partner that provides patient-specific education (170.314(a)(15) Patient-specific education resources). Costs are a monthly cost per provider & the costs vary depending on the selected third-party partner.
Additional costs that may be incurred for this certified product-version:
· Depending on the customers selected lab/imaging company & their current transactional volume, this certified product-version may require one-time or recurring monthly costs to establish interfaces to electronically exchange results. (170.314(b)(5)(a) Incorporate laboratory tests & values/results, 170.314(a)(12) Image Results)
· This certified product-version may require one-time costs and/or re-occurring costs to establish interfaces for reporting to immunization public health agencies or any specialized registry. (170.314(f)(3) Transmission to Public Health Agencies Syndromic Surveillance)
· Support & maintenance for integration of this certified product-version with other ONC certified systems may require additional one-time and/or re-occurring costs.
· Depending on the patients preferred mode of communication, transactional costs may apply per SMS/voice message sent.
· Generating and/or transmitting QRDA (170.314(c)(3) Clinical Quality measures Electronic Submission) or other format file(s) required for participation in payer quality initiatives/programs may require one-time costs, ongoing service fees, and/or transaction-based fees.
· Connecting to providers on other HISPs which are part of the Direct Trust Bundle may require ongoing service fees per provider. This is in regards to criteria 170.314(b)(1) Transitions of care receive, display and incorporate transition of care/referral summaries , 170.314(b)(2) Transitions of care create and transmit transition of care/referral summaries and 170.314(e)(3) Secure Messaging.
· Patient Portal. An ONC certified third party Patient Portal is needed to meet requirement for criteria 170.314(e)(1) and 170.314(g)(1). Microsoft HealthVault may be used.
· Depending on the customers needs, there may be costs for any additional services outside the standard agreement (such as additional implementation services, business analysis services, additional training services, etc.).
· Additional costs can be incurred for storage in excess of 2GB.
· Third party yearly fee for CPT Data File from AMA (American Medical Association) depending on users.
This certified product-version is certified to Data Portability criteria 170.314(b)(7) and can generate a set of export summaries for all patients. However, the ability to utilize the mass export functionality for Data Export is designed to work after hours. Additional Data layouts other than the CCDA may incur in additional fees.
The EP must sign an MDVita Software License & Support agreement and the term of the agreement is typically a One-year term which may vary depending on the customers needs.
There may be additional agreements that an EP must enter with a third-party vendor (such as a clearinghouse company, lab company, etc.) depending on the customers needs.
With regard to Technical and Practical Limitations, users will be required to satisfy the following requirements to use our system effectively:
1) MDVita certified Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) :
CMS2: Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow-Up Plan
CMS22: Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for High Blood Pressure and Follow-Up Documented
CMS50: Closing the Referral Loop: Receipt of Specialist Report
CMS68: Documentation of Current Medications in the Medical Record
CMS69: Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up Plan
CMS90: Functional Status Assessment for Complex Chronic Conditions
CMS123: Diabetes: Foot Exam
CMS124: Cervical Cancer Screening
CMS125: Breast Cancer Screening
CMS126: Use of Appropriate Medications for Asthma
CMS127: Pneumonia Vaccination Status for Older Adults
CMS130: Colorectal Cancer Screening
CMS131: Diabetes: Eye Exam
CMS138: Preventive Care and Screening: Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Intervention
CMS156: Use of High-Risk Medications in the Elderly
CMS165: Controlling High Blood Pressure
CMS166: Use of Imaging Studies for Low Back Pain
2) Supported Operating Systems:
o Microsoft Windows 7 or later; Windows Server 2008 or later
o Apple/MAC supported through RDP connection to dedicated MDVita servers
o iPad, Android and other mobile devices supported through RDP connection to Dedicated MDVita servers
Processor: 1GHz Pentium processor or
equivalent (minimum); 2GHz Pentium processor or equivalent (recommended)
3) RAM: 2 GB (minimum); 4 GB (recommended)
4) Hard Disk: 32-bits system 600 MB; 64-bits system 1.5GB of free space
Internet Connection: High speed / Broadband connection
6) MS Word 2013 for document capabilities (Office 2013 or higher)
7) Display: 1024 x 768 minimum
8) CD or DVD Drive: Not required